Emergencies 24/7 1300 794 917

Frequently Asked Questions

Find the answers to some of our most frequently asked questions.

My property has been damaged; what do I do?

Firstly, contact your insurance company as soon as possible. It is a good idea to have a list of all visible damages handy, so you can give a clear description of what has happened. If your property has been damaged by such claimable events as storm/water/fire or impact, discuss this with your insurer so they can determine if any emergency repairs are needed.

When will work commence on my property?

After your claim is approved, you may have to pay an excess and/or sign the builder’s contract (Scope of Works). Once your insurance company has given approval, we will contact you to work out a convenient schedule for our tradespeople to start work.

Why would I need to pay an excess?

Your insurance company will tell you if you need to pay any excess when you lodge your claim. In many cases, the insurer will request the builder to collect the excess on their behalf. If this applies to your policy, we will let you know how much is due. Your excess must be paid before work can commence.

How do I pay my excess?

There are three payment methods for paying your excess:

By phone with a credit card – call our office on 1300 794 917 between 7am and 5pm Monday to Friday.

By mail – send a cheque to WA Insurance Builders Pty Ltd to PO BOX 204, Joondalup DC, 6919.

By Direct Deposit – account name WA Insurance Builders Pty Ltd
BSB – 036 231
Account number – 494575

Please quote your WA Insurance Builders reference number in the description field when paying by Direct Deposit.

How long will the work take?

Many factors determine how long repairs to your property will take: the type and extent of the damage, the availability of repair materials, the weather, etc. However, we will ensure the fastest turnaround possible to the highest standard.

What happens if additional damage is found that was not included in the initial assessment?

Bring any new damage to our attention and our team will assess it. If it is covered by your insurance policy and part of the same claim event, the work will be added to your claim.

Is maintenance covered?

Maintenance issues due to general wear-and-tear found during the initial assessment are generally not covered by insurance policies. Maintenance work is therefore to be carried out by the insured (you) before the claim-related work can begin. Our supervisors will let you know at the time of inspection what repairs need to be done.

Our Clients

We are proud to be on the panel for some of the leading Insurance Companies, Loss Adjusters, Strata Management, Property Managers and Brokers in WA.

Case Studies

WAIB feature case studies to show how we deliver a quality assured outcome no matter how big the challenge we face.

Our Capabilities Brochures